Effective Date: February 6, 2018
"We", "our" and "us" means IVCCD's bookstores, the operators of this website.
"You "and "your" means you, the person visiting this website.
"Personal information" means the following information about you that we collect through the website:
- mailing address,
- billing address,
- e-mail address,
- telephone number,
- credit card information
- and any other information collected or stored in conjunction with your name.
- IP Address
- Device IDs
- Clear GIFs/tracking pixels
Contractor means a third party that is not owned or controlled by IVCCD’s bookstores, but that has been retained to provide certain services for us, on our behalf or through our website(s)
2. Collection and Use of Information
1. Why We Collect Personal Information.
We collect Personal Information and other information form you, and about you:
- to provide you with products and information that you request
- to send you news and information about our college, products and services;
- to contact you, if necessary;
- to diagnose problems with our computer systems and administer our website; and
- to enhance your online experience, as described in greater detail below.
2. How We Collect Information
Your Submissions. We collect personal information that you provide to us when you register for an account, Promotion (defined below) or other program on our website, place or commence an order, or e-mail us.
Automatic Collection. We automatically receive certain types of information whenever you interact with Us through Our Website. For example, when you visit the Website, our systems, or those of our service providers, may automatically recognize your IP address, domain name and general location, a unique identifier for your Internet-enabled device, date and time of visits, the type of browser you use, the website from which your visit originated, the website you visit after leaving our website, page visits, time spent on web pages, the advertisements clicked on or scrolled over and other data. Below we describe certain information collected, and the actions and technologies that facilitate the collection of such information, in greater detail.
- IP Address. Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider whenever you are on the Internet. When you view pages of our website, our servers may record or “log” your IP Address and sometimes your domain name and general location.
- Device IDs. You may be visiting our website from your mobile device like a mobile phone or tablet. Certain mobile service providers uniquely identify mobile devices, and we or our third-party service providers may receive such information if you access our website through mobile devices. Some features of the website may allow for the collection of mobile phone numbers, and we may associate that phone number to mobile device identification information.
- E-mail. If you receive e-mail from us, we may use certain tools to capture data, including when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains and/or make purchases. Certain e-mail messages may also contain tracking pixels or similar technologies, which collect and provide us with information while you are on our website.
- City Level Geolocation Data. A clear GIF or tracking pixel is typically a one-pixel, transparent image (although it may be visible) located on a web page or in an e-mail or other type of message, which is retrieved from a remote site on the Internet enabling the verification of a person's viewing or receipt of a web page or message. City Level Geolocation Data.We also use your IP address to determine what city you our visiting our Website from. We do not determine your street address or precise longitudinal or latitudinal coordinates.
We may use the information described above:
- to operate the website and to provide general statistics regarding the use of the website, including behavior or demographic information;
- to analyze and develop our business strategy;
- to determine how you found out about us,
- to determine your interests regarding our products and services;
- to personalize content and recommendations for you and other;
- to target marketing for you and others; and
- to improve our website and the user experience.
To accomplish all this, and also to allow us to offer our customers streamlined ordering and other useful features, and where applicable, we use and allow our third-party advertising companies, software vendors, fulfillment companies, and contractors to use the technologies listed above and other similar technologies (“Tracking Technologies”).
WE HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY TRACKING, DATA COLLECTION OR OTHER ACTIVITIES OF THIRD PARTIES.
In some cases, we may link information that is not Personal Information and which was automatically collected through Tracking Technologies with Personal Information.
Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information about you from outside sources and combine it with your account information. For example, we may purchase demographic and other marketing information from third parties to help us better serve you or inform you about products or services that we think will be of interest to you. We sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.
3. Your Ability to Opt Out from Receiving Certain Communications from IVCCD’s bookstores
4. IVCCD's bookstores Ability to Share your Personal Information
Generally. We do not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or companies except in the situations described below.
Sharing Your Information with Our Contractors. From time to time we may share Personal Information with contractors that provide us with services. We may share information provided by you directly or through Tracking Technologies with contractors that provide support services to us such as our e-commerce software vendor, fulfillment companies, transaction processor, printer, mailing house, or web host or with companies that help us market, distribute, or sell our products and services. We also may share information provided by you to contractors that conduct research and analysis concerning the people who request information from us. We also may share your Personal Information with contractors that provide a service directly to you through our website. These contractors may need information about you in order to perform their functions.
We currently use Google for analytics, marketing, and advertising network services. These services provide us with aggregated information about our visitors. If you would like to opt-out of behavioral-based advertising, or analytics through these services you may opt-out by following the instructions at the following sites:
Sharing Your Information With Publishers. In some instances, we may share your personal information with the publisher, copyright holder or author of the products you purchase from us. These parties may use your information to send you updates, corrections or other information related to those materials.
Sharing Your Information With IVCCD. We share your Personal Information with IVCCD to which that you belong and with which we have a contractual relationship. IVCCD may use your Personal Information to verify that you have obtained books and other course materials required for a particular course. IVCCD also uses personal information to identify and verify the use of financial aid and to charge your student account at IVCCD.
WE HAVE NO CONTROL OR INFLUENCE OVER THE PRIVACY PRACTICES OF SUCH OTHER WEBSITES AND ADVERTISERS AND WE DO NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE OPERATORS' OR ADVERTISERS' DATA COLLECTION PRACTICES, THEIR FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THEIR PRIVACY POLICIES OR THE CONTENT OF ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES.
Sharing Your Information with Law Enforcement. We fully cooperate with reasonable requests for information from law enforcement agencies. As a result, we reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful, or that we reasonably believe may aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity. In addition, we reserve the right to release your Personal Information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your information may protect the rights, property or safety of IVCCD, you or one of our other customers.
Sharing Your Information with Family members. IVCCD’s bookstores ability to share personally identifiable and transaction information with a family member, or relative, is governed and subject to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Sharing Your Information as Permitted by Law. We may disclose Personal Information when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law or protect the rights, property or safety of ourselves or others; when it is necessary to identify or contact you in connection with, bring, or defend legal action against persons or entities that we believe may be causing harm to you, our company or third parties; and, when necessary, to protect or defend our rights or property.
Contests, Sweepstakes and Promotions. Occasionally, we may run a promotion such as a sweepstakes or a contest (a “Promotion”), and you will be given the opportunity to enter by filling out an entry form, or in some cases, you may be automatically entered by using a designated type of credit card when placing an order in store, online or via phone. Your entry information may be shared with third parties for the limited purposes of administering the sweepstakes and selecting a winner(s) and may be used to notify you in connection with the sweepstakes or contest and to verify your identity. Some Promotions may have one or more co-sponsors, and you may also be asked upon entry to consent to receive future communications from such co-sponsors. In the event your consent is indicated, the information from your entry will be shared with the co-sponsors. IN THOSE SITUATIONS, THE THIRD PARTIES WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR THEIR OWN PURPOSES, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR OWN POLICIES, AND WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR HOW CO-SPONSORS MAY USE YOUR INFORMATION. In all events, we will make it clear to you in the entry, order or registration form, before you submit it, whether you are consenting to receive information from any third party, and you will be given the opportunity to opt not to receive such information at the time you submit your entry, order or registration.
5. Security of Your Information
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to help keep information secure and to help prevent it from becoming disclosed. Even though we follow reasonable procedures to try to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect so we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your information will be secure in all circumstances. For security purposes, we do not accept credit card information via email, web form, or social media.
6. Editing Your Personal information
Once you have provided Personal Information to us, we may store and maintain that information. You may review and edit certain information online by logging into your account and accessing the “My Profile” or “My Account” page, where you will be able to edit your information. Additionally, you may contact us using the contact information below and we will edit or delete your information except as prohibited by law.
7. Information Shared With IVCCD’s bookstores by IVCCD
IVCCD provides its bookstores with information about you (for example, your first and last name, phone number, and student e-mail address,) so that we may send you news and information about IVCCD’s bookstores, products, or services. IVCCD also provides its bookstores with financial aid information to allow the processing of financial aid payments.
8. Collection of Information from Children
We do not provide products and services to children. We do not knowingly collect or solicit information from children under the age of 13.
9. International Users
Your Personal Information will be stored and processed on our computers in the United States of America. The laws on holding Personal Information in the United States of America may vary and be less stringent than laws of your state or country. If you object to your Personal Information being transferred or used in this manner, please do not register with or use the website.
10. Do Not Track Signals
Some web browsers and devices allow you to broadcast a preference that your activities online not be “tracked”. At this time, our Website does not take action in response to “do not track” signals.
11. Your California Privacy Rights
Residents of the State of California, under certain provisions of the California Civil Code, have the right to request from companies conducting business in California a list of all third-parties to which the company has disclosed certain personally identifiable information as defined under California law during the preceding year for third-party direct marketing purposes. You are limited to one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. You may request the information in writing at:
3702 S Center St
Marshalltown, Ia 50158
We reserve the right to modify or amend this policy at any time by posting the revised policy on our website, so we encourage you to review the policy periodically. Any material changes in how we collect, use or share your Personal Information will only affect the information we collect after the effective date of the change to our policy, unless we obtain your consent otherwise.
13. Contacting Us